Friday was a day off. A holiday, Juneteenth, it meant not needing to go into work and not needing to pay attention to work stuff. So what did I do most of the day? Work with Conrad on a professional development related trip to come in October. He'll be tagging along, and then we'll build a vacation on to the end of it. We spent much of the day doing some registration things and finally settling on some airline tickets. That ate much of the day for us, and that was fine.
But before that, a walk. I actually got out the door into the June Gloom and had a little stroll in the neighbourhood without Conrad, then came back for him. We drove down into the Arroyo and parked by the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center, then more or less did the loop around the stadium and through the golf course.
Nice walk on a cool, overcast day.
Van was feeling better, he said, and he asked if he and Olive could come over. Of course, I told him. Conrad and I dashed out to pick up a few things, and that resulted in a large, rich dinner of braised lamb shanks with a parsnip puree.
Very tasty, but I couldn't finish it all. Leftovers for Conrad, perhaps, or lunches. Nice meal, though, and good to see them. Before dinner, as we sat and got caught up, I made myself a blood orange negroni, a nice pre-dinner sipper.
Friday felt like Saturday, I tell you. I was confused all day about what day it actually was. But it was a good day. The trip planning is exciting! Wait until October to read about that one.
Onward with the rest of the weekend....


No comments:
Post a Comment