The slew of posts on the Nashville/Kentucky trip has helped cover for the fact that it's been quiet times indeed. Really not much to write about during the week. Simple dinners, movies or television. Morning walks. Few people coming through the door at work. A lull before the conference and in-laws travel at the end of this month. In short, sorry. Not much to blog about.
So here is what has become a rare-these-days cooking entry. Van came over last night so that the three of us could hammer out our weekend plans (a friend's 60th birthday celebration in Newport Beach). I took one of our dinner staples (pork tenderloin) and served it up a little differently than normal. A corn and leek puree went into the bottom of the bowl. Alongside the pork came a couple of roasted slices of sweet potato and a small mound of sauteed cabbage and onion.
Summery flavours, perhaps? Nothing too rich. A nice little dinner.
I've been looking ahead for some time now to retirement down the road. When I finally do, oh boy will I be getting into the kitchen a whole bunch. Baking, cooking. Just you watch out.


No comments:
Post a Comment