Saturday, June 20, 2026

Thursday night sushi

Remember when Conrad and I used to regularly do Thursday night sushi?  Our habit hasn't been much in place lately.  Weird spring!  Ah well.  Anyway, this past Thursday, Conrad flew home from Chicago and then had to contend with World Cup traffic on the way home from LAX.  That ride took 1.75 hours.  Yikes.  A lot.  Because of that, I wanted him to have an easier evening of it (and the same for me).  We took ourselves to visit our friends at Mama M Sushi for dinner sitting outside there, watching the world go by.   And, as ever, it was good.  Agedashi tofu,


shishito peppers,

a sashimi assortment. 

Tasty!

It had been an odd week.  Van was ill most of the week, so we spent little time together.  I was at home alone more than I might usually be, eating simply, going to bed early.  Getting back to Mama M again was a nice little way to bring a short week to a close and welcome Conrad home. 

No comments: