Apologies!! It's always a little hard to motivate myself to resume the blogging habit after a break, and that was the case this time. Compounding this is that when I have been on the laptop at home in recent days, I've been focused on the Vietnam trip. Things are coming together more and more for that, which is exciting.
So let me dip my toe back in this morning before I pour my decaf and begin checking in on work emails with an easy entry.
This past Sunday, the last day possible for it, was our monthly online happy hour. The theme was four equal parts - we all like a Last Word, right? But as ever, I made up various drinks to choose the one I wanted to enjoy.
So, from left to right:
The Accidental Hipster (rye, fernet branca, maraschino, lemon)
Adam’s Word (rum, lime, green chartreuse, ginger liqueur)
The Amber Wave (gin, sweet vermouth, Campari, green chartreuse)
The Dressed to Kill (rye, lemon, cynar, yellow chartreuse)
The Esprit d’Escalier (bourbon, grapefruit, aperol, amaro nonino)
The Half Hour Flight (bourbon, lemon, aperol, ancho liqueur)
The Last Wall (mezcal, lime, maraschino, yellow chartreuse)
At the end of the taste testing, I felt that the Adam’s Word and the Half Hour Flight were best. I honestly did not think much of the Amber Wave or the Esprit d'Escalier. The others were ok, nothing I wanted to drink. Accordingly, I made a pair of the Adam's Word for me and Conrad
and then a Half Hour Flight for Van when he came over. Full disclosure? Conrad gave up on his cocktail halfway through and switched to a Last Word. I decided I didn't want a second of the same and made a Mezcal Campfire instead. All in all, great theme but not especially good and interesting cocktails. Everything was a little same-y and even murky.
Ah well. Next time the theme is Greece! That should be fun to investigate.


No comments:
Post a Comment