Anyway, awful recipe. Oh, great for pressing into a pan and using as the crust for a cheesecake or similar dessert. Far far too dry and crumbly to make cut out cookies. A shame - the dough tasted fine. Yes, I'm on another cookie dough binge. I will stop, I promise.
I added eggs to the crumbliness, and that bound it some. The result was still difficult to work with, fragile. I made four trays and retired the rest to the freezer for use as a crust one day. Or to discard when I need some room. The latter is more likely.
The kicker is I thought the recipe looked so very good and easy, I doubled the batch.
I think I should get a good night's sleep and keep out of the kitchen for a few days save to make dinner.
4 comments:
Oooh...cat-shaped gingerbread cookies...can't go wrong in my estimation! I know you weren't happy with them, Peter, but they look good :) Please don't stay out of the kitchen...where else will I find mouth-watering food pics to look at? ;)
Ooops...not gingerbread cookies...Mexican chocolate and pepita shortbread...sorry. The latter sounds so much more exotic! :)
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that between the pepitas and whatever other fat there was in the recipe it might have been too oily and maybe the dough was too warm as well. A little ice water and a sit in the fridge may have been in order.
Press the leftovers into a tart pan!
Good points Steven. I can plead that I simply did what the recipe told me - no chilling or cold water mentioned, but I think that either or both might have helped. Ah well....
Post a Comment