
A second meal in the space of a week with CG, though this time she wasn't jetlagged. Which was fortunate as we rather enjoy being able to have a good natter with her over good food.
Custom House is the newest of Shawn McClain's Chicago restaurant empire. I've not been to his first, Spring, but I have enjoyed Green Zebra the couple of times I've dined there. This new restaurant is his foray into Printer's Row. The South Loop gentrification proceeds quite nicely, it seems.
Service was a little slow, especially given the modest numbers dining in this hotel restaurant. I hope dinner has more polish. It wasn't bad service, though. The coffee kept coming, a good thing over brunch. I had difficulty deciding between a few appealing possibilites on the menu, and I was pleased with the Swiss chard fritatta I opted for. CG and Conrad each had the omelette with manchego, prosciutto, and hollandaise. And then we split a small cheese course. So, we were a little bad this morning. I made up for it with sushi for dinner. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.
I have a chicken roasting in the oven to serve tomorrow night to a couple of teammates. Ironing calls, as does a passel of data entry. The fun I have. At least we did get to do a big shop for wine and beer at Sam's so that we have beverages for next weekend's Allison party!
2 comments:
Ahhhhhh, restaurants! I haven't been in a real restaurant since I got back from Brooklyn. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to Atlanta!
Time crunch, Jeph. I knew a meeting would get me home barely in time for practice, leaving no time for cooking. Not the most piping-hot, fresh-roasted bird ever, but good enough for a simple dinner!
Post a Comment