Monday, August 07, 2006

Travellin' thru

I find this site kind of fascinating; it utterly appeals to the data-geek in me. My map looks as follows:

create your own visited countries map

Of course, I am using the Geoff Heuchling Rules, Peter's modification*.

The sister site is also cute. I do wish they'd get the Canadian provinces on a site, but I'd be embarrassed to have accomplished no more than 8 and no territories. Plus I would be forced to admit that my experience of NB is as paltry (but qualifying) as mine of Norway!


create your own visited states map




*To qualify as visiting a city, state, province, or country, the person must first leave the airport and go elsewhere in the locale. Then one of the three following criteria must be met:

1. Have a meal there
2. Use the toilet there
3. Spend the night there

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool...may have to do up my own map...which would look much less traveled than yours!

Peter said...

You've done a good bi, Brenda. I just wish I knew how to force the map to fit the space on the blog!

Stunned Donor said...

Good grief, you've never been to Nevada? They have everything there and there's no need to travel anywhere else because they've simulated it all for you!(can you feel the sarcasm?)

Peter said...

No Nevada - yet. My grandmother was named for the state (well, her middle name), so I suppose I should get there one day. ALA has its annual conference in Las Vegas in 2014, I think.