
One of the waitstaff at Yoshi's tonight put it well: liver is one of those things you either really love or really hate. The funny thing is that my life can be divided into two time spans: childhood (really hate liver) and adulthood (really love it). I was close to orgasmic when I saw it listed on the specials tonight? Oh, the cod with matsutake mushrooms smelled heavenly, fragrant with much garlic, but I didn't really look at any other options. Liver was it! Crusted with mustard seeds, served with some blue cheese mashed potatoes. Yum!

Good choice, Peter, and well done (though not well done in the shoe-leathery sense of cooking meat) Yoshi! It was a fine dinner, and paired with a bottle of a French wine (Morgon - new to us but one we'll go for again),
it made for a contented me. Conrad rather liked his salmon.
We caught up on things with Gil and Rakhael. Dessert suddenly appeared as well.
And now we're home and propped up in bed. I've made solid inroads into the Christmas cards AND the wrapping as well (presents that have to be sent to Canada need doing early).I should note that in among all the shopping we did today, Conrad bought a new digital camera. He spent a lot of his time at Yoshi's geeking out with it. Really, he is utterly adorable, you know.

Now for another 5-day workweek!
2 comments:
Yoshi never lets you two down!
Jeph, PLEASE don't make me go THERE in my blog!
Post a Comment