Monday, June 04, 2007

"The Balls" (chicken version)

I've decided that Jeph is not my twin. He's secretly my sister. Just for the two of them, another posting with balls.

Not much of a posting, in fact. Just the results of a quick dinner. I mixed ground white chicken breast meat yesterday with some walnuts, parsley, dill, and garlic that I'd pulsed up together in the food processor. Left it to sit in the fridge overnight, then, when I got home from work this afternoon, I shaped it into some meatballs. Baked them up, an while they were in the oven, I put together a pan of "sauce": sliced red onion sauteed in olive oil; some saffron, salt, and pepper; capers and golden raisins. All of this was deglazed with some fino sherry, which I reduced down. I added chicken broth and reduced it down some more. To this I added the baked chicken balls, then covered it all up to sit in a warm oven while we were at swim practice. When we got home, it was a simple matter to cook a bit of asparagus and toss a salad. Dinner!


Conrad was hungry, but he seemed to approve....

1 comment:

Peter said...

What if they were made from hens?

They look like pork tenderloin? How funny!

The oevrnight was sort of to let the flavour permeate, but also to save time for the next day!