Tuesday, June 05, 2007

training commences

This October will mark the ten-year anniversary of my first marathon, in Victoria. I have since done 4 more in Chicago, but this year, in celebration of the first one, I will return to the Royal Victoria Marathon. And after a handful of weeks of getting a good base of swimming and running in to build some endurance, this morning was the commencement of my training. Up at 5:15 to do 3 miles along the lakefront. Not a bad run, not a great one. A run.

There are benefits, though. When I woke up, I could see that the living room was suffused with a remarkable orange glow. I tried to capture some of the sunrise, but the photos cannot do it justice. Worse, I couldn't go outside on the balcony because I didn't want to wake Conrad. So yes, those are spots on our windows....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was your time???

Peter said...

23:00. Maybe one second more. They moved those darn mileposts again!

the ginger tabby said...

Nice light there, Peter. Gorgeous! It would ALMOST be enough to get me up that early in the morning ;)