
I grabbed Conrad, and we went out on the balcony to check out the western sky. I don't recall ever having seen quite such a sunset here in Chicago, though I likely never paid close enough attention.





Skies like that bode well for the next day, don't they? I was rather looking forward to my run in the morning. A very cool evening and the promise of good weather in the morrow put me in a good mood for my run. Sure enough, when I got up this morning at 4:30, the sky was mostly clear. Out the door by 4:45 into a lightening morning and comfortably cool temperatures. I finally saw an orange sliver of sun over the lake by about 4 miles into the run. Everything was just so right about it that I decided on an extra mile and ran 10 instead of 9. The map gives an indication of my route out and back, even if it calls it 4.93 miles each way. The mile markers along the lakefront route wouldn't lie to me though, would they???
:-)
Conrad is at swimming, and I'm relaxing with a grande misto before starting on housework. It's sunny and mild outside, and it feels like a good weekend already!
2007.07.21. ETA: Blogger and Map My Run are not playing nicely together, at least not given the number of photos I work with. I’ve removed the map and instead provide you with this link: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/il/chicago/543245842
1 comment:
Gorgeous sunset, Peter, WOW!
Post a Comment