Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hallowe'en costumes

I am soooo not a Hallowe'en person. Leave that for Jeph. As he rightly notes, I'm a Christmas person (and, indeed, I have Christmas carols playing right now - I make no apologies for it either).

So it is that on a night that I've heard called a gay high holy day (whatever!), I'm at home finally catching up on my blog, oven-braising lamb shanks for dinner tomorrow night, and planning to get a cake baked before bedtime. I've been worn out lately, overwhelmed with work matters, and out of touch from e-mail and blogging while in Texas last weekend. Hallowe'en? Nope. Don't care.

But I'm not utterly immune to its charms. Last Saturday night Conrad and I were enjoying a couple of glasses of wine each at Lincoln St. in Fredericksburg. Well into our first glass and reading on a couch, we noticed streams of costumed folk coming in. As it transpires, there's a costumed pub crawl on bicycles in the town. Okay, not the safest idea ever, but there were some good efforts at dressing up. This woman was our favourite, and something of a ringleader, evidently.


This man's costume? If ever I do dress up in the future, I am stealing this idea. Apparently most of the others on the ride didn't get it. Odd.

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Love his shirt! That was a headline I used once in online dating...didn't work for me...but love it on his Halloween shirt :)

Allison said...

I love the costume (mostly because I think of you when I say that line!)

Peter said...

It didn't work for you, Brenda? Oh my!

Conrad came away from the encounter not at all blue, I am happy to report.