Wednesday, October 31, 2007

lunch with Diego


Last Texas post for the night. I'm tackling the easy ones and leaving the longer Fredericksburg narrative for tomorrow or beyond. Only so much I can do!

At the end of our weekend, on Sunday, we returned to Austin. Our flight was late afternoon, so we had a good amount of time to drop in on AJ and Holly, see their home, and meet Diego, their young son. The three of them then took the two of us to a busy Mexican restaurant called Polvo's. The food was fine, of course - I had the chile relleno al Nogal, Holly had the enchiladas de la casa, Conrad had a chicken fajita, and AJ had the beef fajita. Big portions, tasty food.

Diego? Applesauce, and beans adulterated with some salsa. I think AJ and Holly are wise to get him to acquire a taste for spicy food at an early age. Also, the kid is incredibly charming and well-behaved, truly.



I didn't get any photos of Holly, I am sorry to say. Next time!

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

What a cute kid!

Peter said...

He was a very cute kid - and I say that as someone who is not much of a kid person.

You know us Jeph - only the best food!

:-)