Sunday, December 30, 2007

last cooked dinner of 2007


You know, I've blogged a lot this week, gosh darn it. I'll keep this one brief. Besides, the shots don't really make the food look as appetizing as it really was. No, honestly.

Turkey breast is such a bland meat, you have to admit. Consequently, I partnered slices of breast with braised red cabbage and a squash puree - stronger flavours that could mix and be absorbed by the turkey. Also helpful was the sauce made of reduced liquid in which I'd oven-braised the breast.

Conrad and I polished off the glass of wine in each of two bottles. And that, essentially, was the last dinner I'm cooking this year. I wonder what kicks (vegetable purees, radishes, walnuts, feta), I'll be on in the year ahead.

Time for a walk, I think!

5 comments:

Stunned Donor said...

Not a bad way to finish the year.

As one Fiestaware owner to another, are you ever stumped by which color plate to use?

Peter said...

When it comes to dinner parties, yes, I put some thought into it. Otherwise I just grab any old piece and try not to overthink it.

The exception is when I start to feel sorry for a colour I haven't chosen in a long time. Gah! Feeling sorry for a colour. Only me!

Stunned Donor said...

I have a tendency to overthink everything, so much so that I have a stack of white plates next to the Fiestaware. And yes, I have re-plated dinner when the color bothered me.

the ginger tabby said...

I had Greek food in a busy restaurant last night in Oakville, with (my) Steve. Nice way to end the new year. Usually, I'm not fond of busy restaurants but the business added to the festive atmosphere of the restaurant. Afterwards, we had a brief but nice walk down the snow-covered sidewalks of downtown Oakville.

Peter said...

Your Steve? Oh Brenda, you've kept me out of the loop far too long!!!!

:-)