The streets are wet with dirty, melting snow. The town's vitality is at the box stores and mall rather than its main street. The skies overhead are somber. But the coffee shop has an old radio broadcast of Dickens' A Christmas Carol playing, and we just shared a tasty, warm cinnamon roll. Our drive wasn't at all bad either.
Anyway, may as well take advantage of the wireless and the quiet times without having to visit with Conrad's family to post a few more photos. I still have a bunch of shots from the party to look through, but for now some shots that Gil took when he came along.
The walnut gateau breton. I really like this cake, but people tended toward the similar-seeming almond and lemon shortbread instead. None of that cookie left, but plenty of the cake in our freezer.

The cookie tray: two types of biscotti and the white chocolate chip cookies. People had started on eating the cookies by this time, which is kind of the point, right?

Rakhael and Rachel dig in.

Another shot of the table.

Conrad, Jim, and I. I'm helping myself to some really yummy, gooey coat's milk cheese that I think we were told was from Indiana.


Discussing the spread with Paul and Allan, no slouches at putting on a holiday party spread themselves!


Plus beverages: mostly people stuck to the two reads, one white, or pink sparkler we had for them. Kim, Paul, Jim, and Dan serve themselves.

Conrad uncorks another bottle as Daniel looks on.
3 comments:
looks like you had a lot of fun! sorry to miss it, but selfishly glad to hear some of the Breton cake is still in the freezer. i'll bring the ginger spread, you bring the cake?
Merry Christmas!!
Sounds like you had a great party. Food looks good. Have a good Holiday.
CG? It's a deal! Ooooo! We need cheese as well!
Helene, thanks! happy holidays to you as well!
Post a Comment