Saturday, February 02, 2008

Five years ago

Wow, that post title makes this sound like an episode of Heroes. Or maybe I really do need some sleep. By 2:00 I'll try again, but if not, I'm cracking open a book instead!

I haven't cooked much fun stuff lately, what with travel and catching up with the housework and the like. You can only see so many views from our windows of the snow and slush below. I don't have fresh material.

But I do have thousands of photos from the pre-blog years!

Five years ago I was in TO at this time, staying with Allison for a bit. And now look at her - all engaged to a really great guy and still lovely as ever. I'm happy that we'll get to see her and Sean this fall, though with the whirlwind of the wedding, there may not be the time for some of our old favourite things like The Bay.No matter. We can always have a good meal together (photos from a Greek place on the Danforth, taken during Winterlicious that year).


And I know Brenda will be most displeased with me for adding in this old photo of her with Allison!

I hope also to see Liza - an old high school classmate- and Sander - now a father! Wow. Time really does fly.

As for Chris,well, he's in Vancouver now, so with some luck we'll catch up with him when we're up there in a few weeks.

Why does it seem that all our trips to TO are now for weddings? I have the common western Canadian dislike/resentment of the place, but it's not too bad to visit, really. Oh, I cringe every time someone here says it's just like Chicago, only cleaner. I think TO is both more interesting in its greater population diversity and more boring in its effort to be the center of the universe. In any case, TO tries to be NYC instead!

5 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

I will forgive you, Peter, for posting an old photo of me ;) I look forward to Allison's wedding in part so that you can have a new and updated photo of me! :)

PS - I quite like that TO photo you posted. I like the clouds and the lighting.

Allison said...

Peter, we will find time to go shopping at the Bay! Even if it is only for an hour. Good times. Because we haven't done the Bay the last couple of times that you have been up here.

Peter said...

Thanks Brenda. I'll look forward to seeing you and getting many newer photos!

Allison, the HBC card is on standby....

the ginger tabby said...

I'm on a mission, Peter, to lose a bit more weight (i.e. getting healthier) before our friend's wedding. I want to look smashing for such a special occasion! ;)

Allison said...

Alright - mission for all of us - 1) use the HBC card 2) look fab