Wednesday, February 13, 2008

simple dinner

And the last word on the weekend fire (no, really, I will try to make this the last word - move on folks, nothing to see): cooking again in my own kitchen! Hooray!

Of course, time constraints, less to work with, blah blah blah. Conrad did the shopping, and much as I love the man, he's NOT the cook in the family. But he did fine by picking up a couple of chicken breasts. The final result: baked chicken with asparagus and a butternut squash puree. It's a simple dinner, but decent. The chicken breasts get marinated for a while with lemon, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and thyme. When they are ready, there are hidden little studs of salty, tangy garlic. Yum!

The remnants of an Andezon 2006 Côtes-du-Rhône, some sparkling water, and we were set!

3 comments:

Peter said...

Smarty pants!

:-P

Stunned Donor said...

Asparagus is one of those luxuries I've been denying myself. $6 a pound last time I was at the market.

Peter said...

Last I saw, it was 3.99, and Conrad said it was on sale yesterday. $6 is a bit much for me, I have to admit.