Saturday, March 15, 2008

another date night at home

Conrad is soon starting another wave of work travel that will keep him out of Chicago pretty much every weekend in April. In view of that, it was especially nice to have dinner almost ready when he came home, some wine, some more wine, and then the delightful diversion of watching Sister Wendy streaming on Netflix.

No, really, she's pretty cool to watch.

Dinner was chicken that I'd marinated with lemon, olive oil, coarse salt, chile flakes, garlic, and fresh rosemary. I wilted arugula then reduced the broth I'd used along with some wine and pan drippings. The chicken went atop a bed of that and some "teardrop" tomatoes and radishes.Tasty! We finished off some boucheron cheese for dessert, enjoying it with slices of ripe pear, dark chocolate, and candied ginger.

Tomorrow I will sleep in later than 5:15 even!

No comments: