
Ah Mother Nature, such a prankster. Yesterday was the vernal equinox, and yet today you give us snow. Thanks!
I worked from home today (yes, I am allowed, and yes, I did work), so I slept in until 7ish. Imagine my consternation on waking up to find a heavy mist of snow blowing by, dampening the streets. Worse still, the forecast on the radio was for 3-6 inches.
Oh, I scoffed. We heard that sort of thing many times this past winter, and always things blew by, hitting Peoria or Ohio or other foreign places.
But nope, it's a-snowing today. Well, sleeting by the time Conrad came home from work, but snowing fairly well earlier. I was glad to be at home.
Around 2:00, though, a funny thing happened: when I looked up from my work and out the window, I noted bit fluffy flakes were tumbling down, and I thought it looked ever so pretty. So much so that I took a break, grabbed a camera, and headed for my second venti whole milk misto of the day. It wasn't that cold. It was kind of messy out. But it was lovely all in all.
So I'll have to settle for the vase of tulips on the table beside me here to make me think of spring. Winter hasn't yet relinquished its grip on us, and for the duration of a Starbucks run this afternoon, that was totally fine by me.





2 comments:
We had just over 8" of heavy wet snow up here... I'm ready for spring please!
Yesterday I thought the snow was lovely. Today it's messy and ugly and I want to be able to walk down the street and see the early spring flowers dotting the gardens.
We didn't get 8" though, so I'll stop my whining. I'm sorry you all got so much!
Post a Comment