Friday, March 14, 2008

date night at home (lamb)

Not much to really say beyond the few photos to post. We're having something of a date night at home (and in case you're wondering, Conrad is doing the dishes, giving me a minute or two to blog). A nice night in for the two of us, looking at photos of past trips to BC and Spain. Wonderful reminiscences.

And not bad food, either. I oven-braised lamb shanks (a favourite cut of meat, as should be evident from the blog) with carrots, onion, dried porcini, and rosemary in white wine and chicken broth. When the lamb was done, I cooked up asparagus spears and reduced the braising liquid to a nicely syrupy consistency.We had munched on walnuts, olives, and Swedish farmer's cheese but happily tucked into dinner.

Accompanying the meal was a bottle of Alana Estates Pinot Noir. It opened nicely over the course of the meal, and left me kind of wanting more.
We really need to get back to New Zealand and get more wines!

For dessert, chocolate. And once Conrad does the dishes, you can be sure much snuggles will ensue!

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Snuggles - woohoo! ;)

Allison said...

And Green in honour of an early St. P's day!

I can't believe it has been almost 4 years since we were both in Spain! Must get back there again. I would love to do Madrid and the south like you and C. have done.