Wednesday, March 05, 2008

trout

Wow, I was about to slip into some bad punning title or opening line based on Tears for Fears. Don't make me go there if you don't get it.

Not much to report on. A long day of work, but I'll be working from home tomorrow, so no getting up at 4:45 to head to the gym and/or pool first. Conrad got home a little late, and I had a simple dinner in mind for us. Rainbow trout, drizzled with olive oil and then pepper and salt ground over each one. Baked hot for a crispier skin and served alongside some salad of arugula, fennel, and tomato.

The fish, I have to say, tasted very good. By that I mean that it needed no sauce - the fish was very good quality and quite satisfying as a result.

We sipped the remnants of a couple of bottles of red (a Rioja, a Petit Sirah), and then moved on to a favourite Pinot Noir as we got to the little plate of goat milk cheese, almonds, dried apricots, and candied ginger.

The Project Runway finale is imminent. A lovely relaxing evening at home - aaaaaaahhhh....

No comments: