
So, do you have some money lying around and a desire to treat yourself nicely? Yes? I have a helpful suggestion.
Brunch at NoMI.
Get a window table. Not always possible, but the view over the Water Tower is something else. Admire the Chihuly chandeliers, if that's what they are. Get a glass of champagne (the cocktails are not a strong suit there, so go with the wine by itself). And indulge in the food.
Ah, yes. Yummy, pretty food. Stations set up for serving yourself, plus entrees made to order. I loved the remoulade (I think it was) scented with truffle. The Brussels sprouts salad was another winner. Seafood, cheeses, bacon and sausages. All of it good. My meal was grouper,
and I was very pleased with it.But really, good food, good view, let's get to desserts.



Ah, desserts. Ahhhhhh. I was greedy and happy and was especially charmed by the simple little macaroon and the very light bottom layer of the parfait crowned with candied pineapple.

Allison, Brenda, and I waited out a great deal of lashing rain, with such a wicked view of it coming down. Some coffee, much contentedly wandering conversation, and after a good two hours or more we ventured out shopping and playing the tourist. In amidst the horrid weather that caused them an extra night in Chicago we got a smidgen of blue sky and took advantage for photos.

It really is an impressive city, you know.


No comments:
Post a Comment