Friday, March 20, 2009

Sunshine Coast jaunt - last few shots

And just to squeeze out one more entry tonight (even if it doesn't get posted until some time tomorrow)...

Dad, in case I didn't mention it, has about 350 feet or so of waterfront at his place. The house is modest, the beach is rocky/barnacly (is that a word?), but it's waterfront, and that's pretty cool. Off to the north are some structures that have been there ever since I can recall - remnants of an old pier? Whatever they are, they make for a popular resting spot for cormorants. This was about the least crowded we saw it the couple of days we were up there.

Wheatberries. You may have seen in the blog, or on Facebook, or on Twitter that I would spend time there. My usual habit when I'm up visiting Dad is to get up at around 5:30, leave the hotel and drive down to Sechelt for a swim. After that, breakfast and coffee with a side of wireless Internet access at the downtown Sechelt location of this small chain. I'm rather fond of it. Also nice is the little shack out at the Langdale ferry terminal. Marie and I grabbed more coffee and a light bite there for lunch while awaiting the 2:30 sailing.

As the ferry approached Horseshoe Bay, we were all summoned back to our vehicles. Our car was pretty close to the bow of the boat, and we wandered as far forward as we could to catch a shot or two. Our reward was great gusts blowing our layers of clothes about and doing an especially hilarious job of styling Marie's hair.
She'll hate me for these photos (but not because of the hair), but they really are funny without being mean, I think.

No comments: