More New Orleans food while I am here (and though this will post later in the week, it's Sunday night, one more night to go!).
Saturday lunch I dined with my friend John. He's vegetarian, sometimes vegan, and hey, I like vegetables. Genuinely! He suggested a place not too far from the convention center, Carmo, and while it had many vegetarian and even vegan options, it also had non-vegetarian options. A glass of wine each, and we both opted for different versions of the Rico.
Fried plantains, with pork for me. Yum! Really satisfying.
Saturday night I had dinner with Maggie. I opted for Luke for us in between receptions (we missed the second because dinner was nice and relaxed). I'd been there in years past, and I remembered it as an oyster bar/French-ish bistro in a hotel. They still serve oysters, but I didn't see them all on display on ice. No matter. Maggie is not a raw bar fan, and the man at the next table was having a super-delicious looking food, so I ordered what he had: red beans and rice with fried chicken.
Damn satisfying!
Sunday brunch I skipped out of the conference with some colleagues and we sought brunch. And oh, look: hello Luke! A glass of sparkling rose, but the main event? A standard-ish breakfast. That makes it sound boring, but by gosh I wanted some decent grits and a biscuit.
Locals will surely quibble, but mmmmmm.
More food from New Orleans to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment