Tuesday, January 17, 2023

welcome rain

It's past midnight, so I guess it's Tuesday now.  I've spent the evening (and some of the afternoon) working furiously on preparation for a slew of professional association meetings coming up this week and the next.  So much PowerPoint, so much script writing.  I really should get to bed.  But I need something non-association finance related to help settle my brain, so I'll express some simple appreciation for the wet and wintry (for us!) weather we've had in recent weeks.  Oh yes, I well know that so many parts of California have been inundated.  Lives lost, homes and businesses flooded, roads washed out.  There is no denying how very awful those things are.

We've had it easy where we are.  A good soaking in Pasadena, less so in the desert.  The scenery on recent drives to and from work as well as down to Rancho Mirage and back has been gloriously verdant.  Snow on the mountains!!  We've needed this wet weather so badly.  Give us a little break in it, and then bring on some more, please.


It's always a little thrilling for me when I see water standing or flowing in the desert after a rainfall.  Seeing normally dry riverbeds with something in them is wonderful.  Muddy brown it may be before it sinks into the earth underneath, but it brings a little hope.  Or maybe it's just the west coast Canadian in me who misses being up in the rainy climes of Vancouver and such.

But come on, who doesn't like waking up to find a rainbow outside?



No comments: