Monday, January 30, 2023

oh, so you think I'm actually seeing New Orleans?

Look, here's the truth:  when I go to ALA conferences, I do not get out much, I do not see much.  And when I do, it's in passing.  I spend so much time at the convention center


and the main conference hotel and seldom get anywhere else.

I laugh.  I mean, yes, I get to travel and accrue miles and have great meals and see friends.  But truthfully?  That's all.  Or, "all".

My rough life, right?  But I'm not here in New Orleans on tours and visits to attractions.  I barely see any conference city.  I had dinner tonight about three miles from the hotel, and I think that's the farthest afield I've ever been from the main conference facilities.

I have had time in the past to walk a little, and to take some photos.  I may yet.  But for now, I've got some lovely views from the hotel (check out the sunrise!),



and a quiet morning on Canal Street,

and, um, yeah.

But if you like, I can take more photos of the convention center!

No comments: