Friday, January 27, 2023

over California


I'm in New Orleans!  I got here yesterday.  I think it was yesterday.  Oh man, I just have no concept of this week anymore.  Travel has started for me, and there is a lot more to come.

But before I got to New Orleans, it was a flight from Burbank to San Francisco.  Yes, you read that right.  I just didn't want to have to go to LAX this time.  And besides, it's more miles and segments toward status.

But the side benefit is getting to see the state from the air.

Leaving aside when I was dozing, that is.

And let's not talk about how oh so very bumpy that flight was.  Wow.

Ten years in California.  TEN!  There is so much of the state I do not know, so much I do not recognize.  So when I fly over it, I like to pick out the things I do recognize or can guess at.  Which wasn't much this time.  I mean, the Golden Gate Bridge above, and the UC Berkeley campus.


Otherwise?  Nope.  But cool to see snow on some mountains.

And I love seeing the valleys between the various ranges,




or the coast in parts.

I'll post from New Orleans soon enough!

No comments: