Monday, May 29, 2023

if I thought the swimming was bad...

... you can only guess how much a run hurt.

Or perhaps I should say "run".

Tuesday morning last week I got up early and sent Conrad off on a walk with a colleague with whom we'd walked the morning before.  For my part, I went off with another colleague, attempting a run for the first time in far too long.

To my credit, I made it the first whole mile a) without stopping and b) in under ten minutes.  Tiny little pat on the back for that one.  To Brett's credit, he happily switched to walking thereafter whenever I needed it.

All told, we did a little over 4 miles on foot and had a beautiful morning and lots of good conversation to enjoy.


But wow, do I want to be able to run better than that when next we are together for meetings in Chicago, in November.

No comments: