Sunday, May 28, 2023

..., paper, scissors


I really am behind, aren't I?

Saturday, May 20 (!!), Conrad and I had some free time on our hands before going to spend time with his family.  Not enough time to go somewhere like Marquette, but free time nonetheless.  So we hopped in the car and motored around his corner of the UP.

Which included Rock, MI.


Which led to us joking about paper, scissors, and even lizard and Spock.  BBT reference.  Someone might get that.

People in Chicago who knew the UP a little (and a number of people did) would rave to us about how beautiful that part of Michigan is.  And in some parts, it is.  Not in Conrad's part, not really.  Very scrubby, very swampy.  Pretty in parts, wet in others. 


It has its own appeal, but it's far from majestic.  That said, it was a lovely day for a drive.  We stopped only once, at a park by the Rapid River to walk down by the river and get some shots of the falls.  Or rapids - you decide.




A nice drive, though.  I like when Conrad points out to me the places that have some meaning to him from his younger years.  And I just like time with him, period.


No comments: