I'm taking care of Olive this week, so I've shifted a lot of my work to remote. And that means I have some flexibility in my hours - I can take her for a walk if needed, and then work a little later, for example.
So it was that I was able to pop over to the pool yesterday afternoon
for a bit before getting back online. Another short swim, yes, though I made it to a mile. Not pressing anything, not tough sets. Just getting some good back and forth in.
As I swam, the clouds came in. Dark clouds. I didn't think there was rain in the forecast, but I was surprised. As I walked to my car after the swim, there was a great peal of thunder. Thunder! We so seldom get that. I got back to the condo, showered, checked in on work stuff, and then after a bit, I was ready to order sushi to bring back to Van's and eat while I watched over the little girl. And, of course, right when I wanted to go, that was when there was a short downpour. More thunder, some lightning, more rain.
Oh, not too much rain by comparison to what we've had this winter, no. And every drop helps, though maybe we could go two weeks or so until the next rain? Ah well. I still wandered out into the mean streets of Pasadena and got my sushi ordered.
A swim in time, a walk that wasn't. I'm no sugar, though, I didn't dissolve!



No comments:
Post a Comment