Sunday, March 17, 2024

overdue (but we made it in the end!)

As mentioned before, we were overdue for Maestro, and our intention was to make it there.  And friends, we did.  Saturday evening, sitting outside enjoying food and music and saying hello to the staff we've missed.  How lovely it all was, even if we might have wished for it to be a little warmer!

I tried a new cocktail special, a tangerine smash,


and liked it, though I did switch to my usual, the mezcal campfire, after the first drink.  We shared everything, starting with the guacamole and plantain chips

and the queso fundido,

then moving on to the calamari. 

The cochinita pibil

and the esquites with bone marrow

were our mains, and for dessert, we opted to have the Oaxacan chocolate mole torte. 

All of it was so very good.

We should be back there on Friday, and I cannot wait!

No comments: