What is this? An actual effort to try to regain some level of fitness? Whoa!
Conrad's out of town again, this time until tomorrow. I've been at Van's instead of at home for the most part, and that means getting different routes than the usual for morning walks. It also means - and believe me, I do love time with Conrad and miss him - that I don't need to do walks at our usual modest pace together. Instead, I've been trying to get in more mileage and mix in running. Jeffing, I think, or something like it. 5.2 miles this morning, 5.67 yesterday when I (pooped and sweaty) got back to the house in time to take Olive out.
I had yesterday off work, in fact, and made even more of that by heading to the pool. Not a long swim - I was wary of being away from the phone too long because of a delivery I was expecting. But a swim nonetheless.
Shocking, right? My step count these past two weeks has been vaguely admirable. And I have been going to bed and conking out hard because I have been exerting myself.
Exercise, right? Who'd have thunk it?



No comments:
Post a Comment