Saturday, March 02, 2024

oh, look, more rain


I know, I know.  I live in SoCal.  I shouldn't grumble about rain.  And I am grateful for it.  After a soaking wet February, we're already an inch deep in precipitation here in March.  We've met our annual average and surpassed it for a second year in a row (though last year was wetter).  It's just that we need the rain to space out more.  Smaller daily totals but more days with rain spread out over more weeks.  At least it's cool weather to boot - snow on the mountains is very much needed even if the mountains above Pasadena aren't really high enough to get all that much snow these days.

But most importantly, it's a nuisance when the rain disrupts our morning walks!

Cry me a river, right?  We set out in what looked like an end to the rain for the morning, and in ten minutes found ourselves turning around.  No Amara this morning.  We stopped into a new coffee shop, Nostalgic Cafe,


run by our friends at Mama M Sushi and picked up lattes to go. 

And then home to take shelter long enough until Delight opened at 9:00 (Nostalgic didn't have any pastries yet this morning).

Of course it seemed to rain the hardest when I set out for the bakery.  Of course.  The sidewalk at one point was flooded,


and I had to turn back and head down an alleyway instead. 

The kicker?  I came out of Delight with pastries, and no rain and brightening skies greeted me.  Sigh.

I'm drying off, sipping decaf, blogging and such.  We have errands later, and may it have stopped by then.  The week ahead promises to be cool but not wet.  Still, maybe in two weeks or three weeks we can get more rain?  Just a bit of drying off until the next round?

No comments: