Thursday, March 14, 2024

off to Sacramento

Gosh, the last time I was in Sacramento for meetings, I caught COVID.  May that not be the case this time!

Yes, meetings in the state capital today and tomorrow.  And that afforded me an opportunity to see friends.  Hooray for that!  So it was that I set off for Sacramento yesterday.

I would normally fly out of LAX, but I decided for this trip to go in and out of Burbank.  A smaller airport closer to home, easier to get to and navigate through.  Plus, it means a slightly different flight path, at least at the outset, and viewing of different parts of the area.  I was watching out my window as we followed the 5 past Castaic Lake


and on over the Grapevine to the Central Valley this time.  And then I dozed.

Flying out of Burbank did mean connecting through SFO, which is not a hardship.  What was cool was that when I came off the plane into the jet bridge, a United staff person was awaiting me.  I was escorted down to the tarmac


and offered a car service to the lounge nearest my gate.  Cool!  A small thrill.

From there it was a short, 18-minute flight to Sacramento Airport (and what a cool installation in the baggage claim),


and it was there that Peter met me. 

I get to see a lot of Peter this year, and that's always welcome.  Also very welcome?  Getting to see his husband, Matt.  He's such a sweetheart.  I stayed the night at their place, and the three of us had a good, filling dinner out.

It's meetings starting in a little while and carrying through tomorrow.  I'll hope for time in and around them to get out on foot a little in the city.  I've been here several times now, and I do like visiting.

And then it's back home later Friday evening and no trips scheduled again until a short visit to San Diego next month.

No comments: