Is it only Saturday? Is it still Saturday? This long weekend has me confused and confounded - no sense of routine, seemingly non-stop in the kitchen. But come on, it's worth it. I mean, look....
Leftovers turned into mashed potato soup (garnished with caviar - Natasha came over, and we like to give her that treat when we can).
Leftovers turned into turkey pot pie.
Giving myself a pat on the back for using up leftovers so well. And my gosh, is there a lot more in the fridge. We'll do what we can with it. Tomorrow, though, I swear that it is microwaving things only. I have cooked enough this past week.
Enough complaining. We had a nice evening. Van showed up wearing his Christmas fox tshirt, and that inspired me to put on a fleecy Christmas bunny sweatshirt.
The table was set simply but nicely.
And, best of all, we have a tree.
Yes, that is a tree, a modernish tree that Van bought for his former place in Rancho Mirage and that we now keep in storage here. We decided to go with that this year. I'm happy we did. Oh, I will love seeing all the ornaments in a future year, but for this year, a much simpler and easier Christmas in terms of decor.
14 more cards done today. I should do more before bed, but I think I won't. Yaaawwwwn. I'm a little fatigued, I confess. Happy long weekend - I hope you all have trees up by now!






No comments:
Post a Comment