Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I cooked again! I cheated!

Conrad let me cook dinner again! Yay!

Alright, so elements of the meal may look suspiciously like last night. A bed of spinach. Poach shrimp cooked in a similar liquid to last night's chicken. Toss the shrimp with the leftover couscous salad and asparagus, add some fresh tomato and a bit more quickly-made dressing. Bob's your uncle: a dinner reminiscent of last night but just different enough to allow me to retain my position in the kitchen.

And wonder of wonders, I actually got Conrad to watch a DVD with me after dinner. Wimbledon was the movie. I'd seen it before. Jeph's post and Steven's responses regarding rumours of Paul Bettany being considered to play the Joker made it a nice choice for the evening. Better still, the very handsome Danish actor playing the part of Bettany's German training partner! How nice - he shares a birthday with me!

6 comments:

Stunned Donor said...

I love Israeli couscous, such a great textre. Nice use of leftovers too.

Peter said...

I buy the couscous in bulk at Whole Foods. I cooked it up beforehand - it makes lovely salads. Because it's a nice size, it stands up well to a lot of things being mixed in. Give it a try sometime.

Steven, leftovers can be a nefarious thing, but as I e-mailed Jeph, I have very little to work with in my fridge right now. I may prevail on Conrad to do a bit of shopping tonight. I'm down to a bit of broccoli, some frozen peas.

Stunned Donor said...

broccoli, frozen peas, chicken stock and a food processor makes for a nice soup.

Peter said...

The simple soup sounds good. Peas, curiously, are higher in carbs than you might suspect!

Jeph, as I've suggested before: ship some stuff here!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a delish meal, Peter! I'm partial to shrimp so it got my vote right away :)

That soup idea does sound good, Steven. Might just have to give it a try...

Stunned Donor said...

Oh peas are like eating spoons of sugar, so much for "healthy".