Sunday, August 06, 2006

Riddle

What do you get when thousands of gay men fill a half mile of Halsted Street, drink a lot of booze, wear a lot less clothing than they would to work, and all of this not on the last weekend of June?

Market Days.

I missed the weekend last year while I was coming back from BC/off to LA, but yesterday afternoon Conrad and I wandered down to see the crowdds, look at the booths (nothing caught our eye), and hang out with some of the Yoshi's crowd outside of the restaurant at Laura's mother's booth. Gwen, Laura's mother, sells handmade jewellry, mostly necklaces of chunky, interesting beads and stones. I really like some of it - it touches the tiny little drag queen inside of me (and believe me, there's not much drag queen in me at all).

6 comments:

Stunned Donor said...

You have a tiny little drag queen inside you? I thought it was your appendix that was acting up?

Joe said...

Looks like fun! I wonder if there is anything like that around here?

Peter said...

Remember, I haven't had surgery yet Steven - they've removed nothing!

Peter said...

Frederick, MD? Hmmmm, not sure. My grasp of east coast geography is shakier than I'd like.

On the other hand, Joe, you can always make the trip out here next August. Some good food at the restaurants here, as you might well guess!

Peter said...

Jeph, Market Days is almost the REAL pride celebration.

And Dom, thanks for the details. Your stamina is to be admired, though I have an ex who could, um, two up you, so to speak!

Anonymous said...

That is a nice pic of you two, Peter!