
Odd to think that I've posted 100 times to this thing. How many photos of food? How many of Smelts? If you haven't firgured out the theme to this blog yet, there's not much hope you will!
A glorious October Sunday today, and no, not because Da Bears won. Given such sunny, warm weather, it would have been remiss of us not to take advantage of it. Around about 11, we did what a lot of the city seemed to have done and headed for the lakefront. Conrad and I enjoyed a nice casual stroll out by the lake, admiring boats,

remarking over the enormous fish someone had caught,
talking and walking and holding hands in the autumn sunshine.
Brunch then, and rather than do Yoshi's tonight (given last night's feast and the night before at Frontera Grill, especially) we decided to stop in for brunch and sit outside.
Another smashing idea: we got to watch the world pass through the Halsted and Aldine intersection while dining on a smoked salmon salad (for Conrad),
a fruit plate (me),
a grilled chicken breast (Conrad),
and scrambled eggs with brie on toasted brioche (me).
And bacon on the side!
Meanwhile, we had a guide book to Maui with us, and we poured over the embryonic Christmas gift list. Things shape up well at that end.
Eventually we made it home where we've both been whiling away at a variety of tasks. Nonetheless, we had some outside time, and we've had one of our best weekends in a long time overall!
4 comments:
Really liking the pics of the smoked salmon and the bacon!
It was wonderful weather here in TO as well - both Saturday and Sunday. Let's hope that tomorrow - Thanksgiving Day - will be just as nice.
Awww, shucks, thanks Jeph.
I'm not skin and bones after this weekend. Back to the pool and gym this week, and conscientiously!
I'm glad that the weekend was great up there Brenda. Happy Thanksgiving - eat lots of turkey. I sure wish we had a long weekend here!
We had smoked ham tonight (really good!) and we'll be having turkey & stuffing tomorrow night. I tried a really nice Riesling tonight - Cave Springs off dry. Quite nice indeed :) I don't like dry wine and I'm partial to sweeter wines so the Cave Springs bottle was a good choice, thanks to the LCBO staff!
Awesome teeth! Worth every penny!
Post a Comment