
Dear Blog:
No, I know, I haven't written in a while, but I do still think of you fondly. Truly. It's been one of those weeks: all my television shows on Wednesday night, Conrad out of town Thursday night while I spent over an hour in a dentist's office chair, dinner at the bar at Frontera Grill last night. Busy busy busy. Sorry.
Dave invited us over for dinner tonight. Very nice of him, and as Conrad and I have a rule of accepting as often as possible invitations to dine at the homes of friends, we gladly accepted. Sushi for dinner (despite the photo at the top of this posting, there was no ham at all served), and no, Dave is not a trained chef skilled in the arts of raw fish and sticky rice. He had food brought in, and fine it was.
Better still, he baked an apple pie for us.
Best of all? He shared the bottle of Quail's Gate Family Reserve Pinot Noir we'd given him for Christmas last year. What a fine friend!
It's been a brisk few days, but curiously, unlike the last meal there, it was fairly still and mild and in his back yard. The four of us (his friend Becky was there, too) sat out back, dining by candlelight as a fullish moon rose overhead.




We went were into a fourth bottle of wine by the time Conrad and I bid them goodbye - tomorrow morning will be a late and easy one, made all the better for having done all our laundry today!All in all, quite an enjoyable evening. We're altogether glad we were able to follow through on our policy!
5 comments:
Thanks Dom! First time I wore it to work, it got lots of comments - I think it may have been a bit too bold and bright for a library.
All set for your birthday workout tomorrow?
My thought exactly - I was going to say that the yellow shirt looks very good on Peter :)
The sushi looks good, too!
Thanks! So I should hunt down more clothing in that colour?
:-)
Absolutely - buy more items of clothing in that colour! It looks to be a mustard yellow from where I'm stitting. Is that indeed the shade of yellow?
Post a Comment