Sunday, June 03, 2007

Aix for brunch

There's a small pun in that title.

Very small.

I'm a little worn out from travel - sitting at airports, sitting in a plane, sitting in cabs. I know, I know, poor me for getting to travel. I'll stop the whining there.

A late morning for us. After getting up and packing, we wandered over to Aix, where we'd had a bite on Friday night, for brunch.The morning was warm, not yet too sunny, so we sat outside.

In truth, I was a wee bit disappointed, especially after the good food on Friday night. I kind of thought my omelet had a weird texture, and the chorizo and white cheddar made it kind of oily as well.Not a bad brunch, by any stretch, but I think Conrad did better with scrambled eggs and bacon on the side.In any case, it was altogether pleasant to sit outdoors on a fine morning, the cityscape behind us.

5 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

That omelette does have an unusual texture, Peter. Odd.

By the way, I added a couple of entries to my blog. Feel free to check it out :)

Anonymous said...

This is too funny, Peter.. when you mentioned that you were tired of travelling and was brunching at
Aix..
guess where I thought you were!

louise

Peter said...

New entries Brenda? Fun! I'll pop over that way shortly!

Peter said...

Oh, Conrad read the blog and told me he didn't realize I thought the omelette wasn't great. I told him that I was having such a nice morning, I didn't care to spoil it by criticizing the food. His was fine, and our Friday night there was really pleasant, after all.

Peter said...

Ah, Louise, to be en France....

:-)