

Not far from our hotel was another, the Hotel Monaco Washington DC. Conrad had spent time there the day before, taking a break from his wanderings. We headed there late Sunday morning and sat out on the restaurant patiov(not a great choice - DC is bloody hot at this time of year!) to eat.
I shan't gush about the food.

It was all quite fine, slightly pricey, and pretty much what we wanted and needed for our late start to the morning. The hotel and restaurant, though, are quite handsome, having been carved out of an old (THE old?) post office building. Hence the name of the restaurant: Poste. Clever! Or something.:-)
Quite fine, as I said, and a only a short stroll over to the National Portrait Gallery from there.
1 comment:
I love breakfasts out! There's something special about waking up "early", having the sun shine down on you, and enjoying a breakfast meal made for you...(sigh). It's time for another breakfast out for me :)
Post a Comment