An addendum to yesterday's post: Conrad had a site visit this morning, so he didn't take the Breton cake in with him. Instead, I shared it with people in my department and elsewhere in the Library. I had half a slice, and it seemed quite nice. I'll make that one again, I think.
I spent time tonight looking for something interesting to do with egg whites that I hadn't done before. No luck finding a simple recipe that appealed to me, so I hunted down a blondies recipe and went from there.
The blondies use dark brown sugar, hence the not-so-blondeness. The bittersweet chocolate pieces also make them look more like conventional brownies. Our kitchen isE marvellously scented from them, thanks in large part to the toasted sweetened coconut in the recipe. I'm tempted to have a before-bed snack, but I'll behave. We'll see what Conrad's colleagues think of them tomorrow instead.


2 comments:
My sister just finished a cheese cake baking blitz! She assured me that next up is a brownie baking blitz :)
Just a general baking blitz at my end of things. We'll see if I get up to any trouble tonight!
:-)
Post a Comment