After dinner tonight I decided to look for a quick recipe to use some walnuts, something Conrad could bring in to his office for their weekly Tuesday morning snack fix. Having heard from them a bunch of them on Saturday night about how they loved the cookies and all the other baking, the pressure was on. But I really wanted to use walnuts, and I was not in a mood to be rolling out lots of things or frosting or filling or glazing.
The Gâteau Breton aux noix recipe I found on epicurious.com fit the bill. Breton cake, as we'd say in English - a simple French butter cake, but this time flavoured with ground toasted walnuts. Egg yolks, butter, sugar, walnuts, flour. That's it. Easy. A long bake gave me time to tidy up some laundry and write some cards. I'm up a little late, but the cake smells wonderful and looks like something I'd want with coffee in the morning. I leave you with photos. Sleep well all!


4 comments:
Mmmm...I'll be dreaming of that butter walnut cake as I drift off to sleep tonight...mmm :)
It would be even better as a mid-morning thing, I'm thinking!
;-)
Conrad is on a site visit this morning, so my colleagues get some cake instead!
is this the one you meant? this is the one i was thinking of. it looks delightful... i'd be glad to sample... :)
The very one. I need to get some more eggs to make it, but that's not a difficult thing to accomplish!
Post a Comment