Sunday, February 10, 2008

"home"

Let's think of this as lemonade - when life hands you and all that sort of thing, you know....

We've taken up temporary residence at the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown. Good as it is to know we can rely on our many friends, it's also good not to impose on them. So it's like a little vacation in Chicago, except that we're going to work all week.

I haven't stayed in a hotel in the city since June 2000 when I interviewed for my first position here. How funny.





A pleasant little one-bedroom suite (bigger than at least two apartments I've rented at earlier times in my life) with some views new to us. Those corncobs poking up?Marina City. The shiny building going up?The new Trump tower, whatever its proper name may be. Down below?The backsides of surrounding buildings and an alley.

I think it will be an early bedtime tonight....

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Looks like a nice hotel room. Glad to hear that you're both managing and that you're safe and sound :)

Have a good week!

Peter said...

It was pretty decent, I must admit. For a getaway downtown, it would be pretty fine, in fact.