
Yes, what better way to celebrate this most Christian of days than by going over to have a casual brunch at the home of a Jewish friend, Rachel.
Maybe we should have kicked back with a DVD of Jewison's version of Jesus Christ Superstar just to stir the pot more.(oooo, I think I'll switch to listening to that soundtrack on my iTunes!)
We hadn't seen Rachel's new place since she moved in some weeks back, so after taking care of various housework and errands in the morning, I packed up a bag of foodstuffs and we walked down to visit her. A completely enjoyable time spent with her, with two main things to comment on:
1. Great place she bought. Very bright, and as high up as it is, she has stunning views. We eagerly pointed out the various landmarks to each other.
Boystown in general,
Wrigley Field a little ways off,
the few remaining fine single-family homes in the area,
the north end of Belmont Harbor.
It's sure to be even more gorgeous in the summer. I hope we can kick back with some food and drink and maybe a board game and just enjoy the long summer evening light and views.2. Nice little brunch. I foraged in the fridge here at home for leftovers and simple items. A couple of cheeses, some smoked salmon, salad, nuts, flatbread, olives, capers, chocolates.

I also put out some dried apricot scones and leftover rhubarb upside down cake. We were all nap-ready by the end of the meal.It's been a fine, low-key weekend of social activities with friends. Nothing too involved, happily. I don't think either Conrad or I felt totally rested from last weekend. And with such gorgeous weather, we're feeling ever so relaxed and content.
2 comments:
The views from Rachel's new place are awesome!
I agree. I'm a little green with envious, as my friend Kendall would say. On the other hand, given our Vancouver views, I shouldn't complain so.
Post a Comment