A couple of days on the Sunshine Coast, visiting family, and for the first time in (I think) almost 6 years, I got to have a bunch of homemade Filipino food. Ah, memories of many delicious meals made by my step-mother in years gone by. Bella's sister, Alberta, took care of most of the cooking while Bella was at work, offering up a dish of noodles and local prawns with a sauce made from the prawn shells and heads,

adobo chicken,
and another chicken dish.
And salad, by the way. A family dinner for me for a change.


Truly, it rocked. So very nice after all these years. I hope it's not 6 more years. After dinner, rain - then hail
- moved through the area, then things brightened up enough for sunset over Texada.

Marie and I came back to the hotel, and all felt contentedly well.
2 comments:
Peter, did you learn by any chance how to cook that delicious-looking Filipino food? ;)
Never learned it, more is my shame.
Post a Comment