Tuesday, May 26, 2009

baking again


Another activity I've been too long gone from: baking. I scarcely got in the kitchen on recent trips to BC, and at best I put together a cheese plate or did ViJ's boil in a bag dinners.

Tonight, though, I've tied on the apron and pulled some dough from the freezer (no eggs - isn't that embarrassment? - so no freshly made dough) and whipped up a small batch to take in to work tomorrow. Do I really need to tell you the flavour?

2 comments:

cg said...

funny! in addition to my near butter crisis (i found one lone stick of unsalted, thank heaven), i discovered i was plumb out of eggs and had to make an emergency run to the store to get some. because the rest of the ingredients were in a big assembled mess already. go... planning!

Peter said...

I have eggs now, and I have an idea or two in mind for when you come tomorrow night. I'm in a souffle mood, in fact.