Tuesday, May 26, 2009

shrimp in parchment

Conrad and I have been very very bad lately. So much travel, so much going on, distracting us from exercise and making it all too easy for us to turn to comforting, bad foods.

In short, we're bulking up, and that's not good.

Conrad hit the treadmill tonight while I made up a fairly simple low carb dinner for us. Some big shrimp peeled, a roasted pepper and garlic chicken sausage cubed, some asparagus, a tomato, some onion, some olives. Salt, pepper, oregano, olive oil. Toss it all together and put into parchment. A bit of time in a hot oven, and Bob's your uncle: a fairly light dinner that was filling. Mmmmmm... tasty tasty fiber and vitamins!



Of course, now I'm off to bake some cookies, so intentions have only taken me so far tonight....

1 comment:

Peter said...

A return to better eating - made easier by all the great veggies available now.