
How long has it been since last I made scones? It feels like ages, and it probably was. Wow.
An odd night of sleep last night, and so I got up early, ate breakfast, FBed, Twittered, read news online, then got to work on a quick batch of scones. There are a few people on the swim team who could stand with a bit of fattening up, and I am more than happy to enable the process, of course.
The recipe is an easy one, my stand-by recipe from a Karen Barnaby cookbook. I stuck to the basics this time and made a nice little batch of buttermilk and currant scones. I really was a little worried how they'd turn out, but they were fine, or so Conrad (who got one of the batch of ten) tells me.
I've missed baking. I should do a bit more tomorrow (Sunday - I've not yet gone to bed Saturday night as I write this) to send in to Conrad's office on Monday.
1 comment:
Scones are wonderful!
Post a Comment