Sunday, May 03, 2009

Light afternoon snack

Weird day today, timewise. Conrad got in late last night from Honolulu, so we weren't to bed until 1:00ish. The apartment is warm - that transitional time of year when the building hasn't turned on the AC, but we're already getting warm weather. That made for some shaky sleep until well into the night when the place cooled down some. I'm still on Pacific time instead of Central.

So what time did I get out of bed this morning? A few minutes before 10. Shocking, I know.

We each had cereal, then a latte, and that sort of constituted "brunch". Not good, right? Yoshi's will be tonight's dinner, but that made for a gap of time that might not fit a full lunch well. Perfect, however, for a light savoury snack.

Now, don't look at the photo and assume it was a big production and a filling plate. It wasn't and it wasn't. With the balcony furniture set back up and cleaned off, we had a short spell outside and enjoyed this:



Seared scallops with tomato, mint, parsley, caper berries, and radish, drizzled with lime-infused olive oil.

Nice!

No comments: